FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Vidushi Pantula Rama's open letter to all musicians
XUCN baybeh! Forum Index » Musicians » Vidushi Pantula Rama's open letter to all musicians
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessebarker

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Vidushi Pantula Rama's open letter to all musicians

Hello,

KVC, I donít know how far I am going to meet NR on this issue. I am glad that I donít know anything about him, I donít want to be swayed by his greatness, and I want to look at his analysis and his words. That would be a more valid reaction. It would be more honest. He speaks his mind without holding back and I read him and I am reacting to the views and opinions expressed, not to him. His greatness doesnít matter, his words do. If you say that he is a great musicologist and musicians refer to him, I respect that. If I am unsure about something musical and he has weighed in on it, I would learn from him by reading him. But as I keep saying, this problem is not at all about thyagarajaís musicality. This is about spirituality, and poetry , but he clearly says that those are not important and should not be anyoneís primary focus in analysis. But if this problem is not about musicality, why should i defer to him?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30939&start=125
Video production company

Thank you
 Back to top »
XUCN baybeh! Forum Index » Musicians » Vidushi Pantula Rama's open letter to all musicians
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: